Last Friday the school’s swimming carnival for students from Year 2 to 6 was held at Dickson Pool. The promised storms held off for the duration of the carnival and the weather was fairly mild which contributed to a wonderful day.
The morning began at 8.30am with our competitive swimmers hitting the water. Some excellent times were recorded and many of these swimmers will progress to the regional championships. Well done to all who competed especially those that did not win their race but pushed themselves over distances they had not tried before and swam using strokes they are still learning. Without these students the competitive swimming events would be much poorer.
After the conclusion of the competitive events all students rotated through a range of activities and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I thank them for their cooperation and willingness to assist which helped contribute to a wonderful day.
Thank you to Mr Roweth and his team for their organisation of the day and thank you also to the parents that assisted in a variety of capacities and to the staff for their participation on the day.
Photos of the carnival were posted on the school’s Facebook page.
St Vincent de Paul
A final reminder that the doorknock commences at 9am this Sunday. We do not have the number of collectors to cover all our allocated areas. If you can assist, simply turn up to the school staff room. Lunch will be provided afterwards.
Charlie Dyce-McGowan has resigned her position as DSTA to care for her parents. Danielle Cooper who was our previous DSTA will move back in to the role commencing next week. Her priority will be to link up with all defence children. A morning tea for all defence families is planned from 8.15am on Wednesday 27th February. More details will be sent home next week.
I thank Charlie for her efforts at MTS and wish her all the best for the future.
Congratulations to Georgina Geary and Luca Seymour who were the two winners of the Christmas Holiday Seven Wonders project. The both won a family pass to the movies. Enjoy!
The entries were judged by our Year Six students. Again well done to all who entered.
The winner of last week’s maths was William Stewart. This week’s problem is below. It is aimed for our younger students.
Three of our Kindergarten classes for 2019 have 24 students each. Our fourth class has 25 students. If each class has an even number of boys and girls except for one class which has one more boy.
How many girls in Kindergarten?
How many boys in Kindergarten?
Hoping to see lots of doorknockers on Sunday morning.
Front Office Reminders
- Absentee Notes—If your child is absent from school due to sickness, holiday or other reason, please ensure a note is submitted via SZapp or provided to your child’s classroom teacher on their return.
- Sickness—If your child has been sick and has been vomiting or had diarrhoea then they must be excluded from school for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Chess Club Term Fees for Term 1, 2019 will be $64.00.
Could you please arrange for payment to be made at the front office or over the phone by week 5.
- School Start & Finish times
- School supervision starts at 8.15am with classes beginning at 8.45amLunch break is from 11.00am to 11.55am
- Recess break is from 1.25pm-1.55pm
- School finishes at 3.00pm with supervision at car line finishing at 3.30pm.
- Parents who cannot collect their child/children by this time should arrange for after school care with Kidsbiz. In the case of any emergency which prevents you from collecting on time, please contact us so that we can make arrangements to ensure the safety/supervision of your child/children.
- Late to school procedure:-
- If you are dropping off your child to school late please remember to sign in at the front office (any time after 9:15am). Every student needs to have their late slip with them to hand on to their class teacher upon arrival at their classroom.
- Early Pickup procedure:-
- If you are planning to collect your child early please try to let the class teacher know beforehand so that your child/children are at the front office waiting for you.
- If you have an unplanned early pickup please contact the front office and let us know what time you will be arriving so that we can have your child/children ready.
- Please remember if this is happens, we will do our best to locate your child but this is not always possible especially if they are out of class or on lunch or recess break.
- In addition, if you are collecting your child early and you have requested they arrive at the office at a specific time, please ensure that you arrive at that time to collect them. It is not appropriate that children be removed from class to be collected and then sit at the office and wait for extended periods of time for you to arrive.
- A sign out slip will need to be completed for each child leaving the school prior to the end of the school day.