Year 6 Leadership Assembly
Congratulations to our Year 6 Leadership group who received their badges at the assembly this week. These badges signify the group which each leader belongs to. These groups are Media Moguls, Sensational Sports, Hospitality Hosts and Active Activists.
The students looked resplendent in their new shirts, which they have earned through displaying excellent leadership qualities during the first half of this term.
Thanks to the Year Six teachers who co-ordinated the assembly and to the parents who attended.
We are always trying to improve our lines of communication at MTS as well as being conscious of the environment.
Following some feedback from parents about their inability to print permission notes from phones or tablets, a tab has been added in our website where parents can find permission notes and print the necessary pages (noting some notes have more than one page of information and only the permission part needs to be returned) and return those to school.
The notes can be found at https://www.motherteresa.act.edu.au/permission-forms or on our website under “MTS COMMUNITY” and then “PERMISSION FORMS” from the dropdown menu.
3 Way Conversations
Next week our K-3 students and parents will have the opportunity to discuss the progress made this term with their teachers in the form of 3 way conversations. This method of interview is effective as it reiterates to our children that their education is a team effort. It is an opportunity to celebrate success and set goals for the remainder of the year.
Front Office Reminders
- Absentee Notes—If your child is absent from school due to sickness, holiday or other reason, please ensure a note is submitted via SZapp or provided to your child’s classroom teacher on their return.
- Sickness—If your child has been sick and has been vomiting or had diarrhoea then they must be excluded from school for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Chess Club Term Fees for Term 1, 2019 will be $64.00.
Could you please arrange for payment to be made at the front office or over the phone by week 5.
- School Start & Finish times
- School supervision starts at 8.15am with classes beginning at 8.45amLunch break is from 11.00am to 11.55am
- Recess break is from 1.25pm-1.55pm
- School finishes at 3.00pm with supervision at car line finishing at 3.30pm.
- Parents who cannot collect their child/children by this time should arrange for after school care with Kidsbiz. In the case of any emergency which prevents you from collecting on time, please contact us so that we can make arrangements to ensure the safety/supervision of your child/children.
- Late to school procedure:-
- If you are dropping off your child to school late please remember to sign in at the front office (any time after 9:15am). Every student needs to have their late slip with them to hand on to their class teacher upon arrival at their classroom.
- Early Pickup procedure:-
- If you are planning to collect your child early please try to let the class teacher know beforehand so that your child/children are at the front office waiting for you.
- If you have an unplanned early pickup please contact the front office and let us know what time you will be arriving so that we can have your child/children ready.
- Please remember if this is happens, we will do our best to locate your child but this is not always possible especially if they are out of class or on lunch or recess break.
- In addition, if you are collecting your child early and you have requested they arrive at the office at a specific time, please ensure that you arrive at that time to collect them. It is not appropriate that children be removed from class to be collected and then sit at the office and wait for extended periods of time for you to arrive.
- A sign out slip will need to be completed for each child leaving the school prior to the end of the school day.