It is with great sadness that I inform our community of the passing of Sharon Au. Sharon always gave more than expected as a parent and never asked for anything in return. She was a great advocate for our school for eight years and on many occasions commented how lucky their family was to be involved in the Mother Teresa community. On reflection, due to her selfless nature and positive outlook on life, it was our community that was richer for knowing her. She leaves behind an amazingly supportive husband, Aristo, and a beautiful daughter, Ava. We keep her family in our prayers during this difficult time.
Year 6 Leadership Day
Our Year 6 students took part in a leadership day earlier this week. This included a liturgy, some engaging activities led by senior students from JPC and a barbecue lunch. A huge thanks to the students and staff who participated with such enthusiasm and most of all to Mrs Leet who co-ordinated the event.
We have recently received some complaints from surrounding residences that our parents are continuing to park on private property. Out of courtesy to these residents, could those members of our community please refrain from parking on private property in the future.
It is wonderful to be able to share in the celebration of our student's birthdays, however, as many of our students have severe food allergies, we ask that students do not bring cakes or party food to school. A suitable alternative is a fruit tray to share amongst the class.
Matt Giteau Cup
Congratulations to our Year 3/4 and 5/6 rugby union teams who represented our school at the Matt Giteau Cup on Friday. A big thanks to our super coaches Mr Brendan Roweth, Mr Jeremy Johnson, Mr Leigh Hancock and Mr Matt Power who facilitated trainings and coached the children on the day.
Congratulations to our Week 6 Winner - Isabella Geary who correctly solved the problem. This week we have a new problem, can you figure it out?
Australia has six coins that are commonly used – 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents, 50 cents, $1 and $2.
How many different ways can you make exactly 50 cents in Australian coins?
Answers must be in to the front office by Wednesday morning and the winner will be announced (and receive a small gift) at assembly.
Front Office Reminders
- Absentee Notes—If your child is absent from school due to sickness, holiday or other reason, please ensure a note is submitted via SZapp or provided to your child’s classroom teacher on their return.
- Sickness—If your child has been sick and has been vomiting or had diarrhoea then they must be excluded from school for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Chess Club Term Fees for Term 1, 2019 will be $64.00.
Could you please arrange for payment to be made at the front office or over the phone by week 5.
- School Start & Finish times
- School supervision starts at 8.15am with classes beginning at 8.45amLunch break is from 11.00am to 11.55am
- Recess break is from 1.25pm-1.55pm
- School finishes at 3.00pm with supervision at car line finishing at 3.30pm.
- Parents who cannot collect their child/children by this time should arrange for after school care with Kidsbiz. In the case of any emergency which prevents you from collecting on time, please contact us so that we can make arrangements to ensure the safety/supervision of your child/children.
- Late to school procedure:-
- If you are dropping off your child to school late please remember to sign in at the front office (any time after 9:15am). Every student needs to have their late slip with them to hand on to their class teacher upon arrival at their classroom.
- Early Pickup procedure:-
- If you are planning to collect your child early please try to let the class teacher know beforehand so that your child/children are at the front office waiting for you.
- If you have an unplanned early pickup please contact the front office and let us know what time you will be arriving so that we can have your child/children ready.
- Please remember if this is happens, we will do our best to locate your child but this is not always possible especially if they are out of class or on lunch or recess break.
- In addition, if you are collecting your child early and you have requested they arrive at the office at a specific time, please ensure that you arrive at that time to collect them. It is not appropriate that children be removed from class to be collected and then sit at the office and wait for extended periods of time for you to arrive.
- A sign out slip will need to be completed for each child leaving the school prior to the end of the school day.