As we are posting articles on our Facebook page I will not repeat them in the newsletter. Recent posts on the Facebook page cover the discos from last Friday, the Wine and Cheese Night and the AFL carnival.
I would however like to thank all involved in the school’s Ash Wednesday celebration this week.
Congratulations to Jade Vijay who was last week’s winner. A reminder that entries can be emailed to the front office or sent down in the class note bag. Please put your name on your answer.
This week's challenge is below.
Everyone loves a new hat. Milo, Austin, and Nora bought new hats. They each chose a different type. Austin never buys a knitted hat. Milo does not enjoy wearing baseball caps. Nora only wears straw hats. What type of hat did each friend buy? Use the table to illustrate your solution.
Front Office Reminders
- Absentee Notes—If your child is absent from school due to sickness, holiday or other reason, please ensure a note is submitted via SZapp or provided to your child’s classroom teacher on their return.
- Sickness—If your child has been sick and has been vomiting or had diarrhoea then they must be excluded from school for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Chess Club Term Fees for Term 1, 2019 will be $64.00.
Could you please arrange for payment to be made at the front office or over the phone by week 5.
- School Start & Finish times
- School supervision starts at 8.15am with classes beginning at 8.45amLunch break is from 11.00am to 11.55am
- Recess break is from 1.25pm-1.55pm
- School finishes at 3.00pm with supervision at car line finishing at 3.30pm.
- Parents who cannot collect their child/children by this time should arrange for after school care with Kidsbiz. In the case of any emergency which prevents you from collecting on time, please contact us so that we can make arrangements to ensure the safety/supervision of your child/children.
- Late to school procedure:-
- If you are dropping off your child to school late please remember to sign in at the front office (any time after 9:15am). Every student needs to have their late slip with them to hand on to their class teacher upon arrival at their classroom.
- Early Pickup procedure:-
- If you are planning to collect your child early please try to let the class teacher know beforehand so that your child/children are at the front office waiting for you.
- If you have an unplanned early pickup please contact the front office and let us know what time you will be arriving so that we can have your child/children ready.
- Please remember if this is happens, we will do our best to locate your child but this is not always possible especially if they are out of class or on lunch or recess break.
- In addition, if you are collecting your child early and you have requested they arrive at the office at a specific time, please ensure that you arrive at that time to collect them. It is not appropriate that children be removed from class to be collected and then sit at the office and wait for extended periods of time for you to arrive.
- A sign out slip will need to be completed for each child leaving the school prior to the end of the school day.