This term I am taking leave to attend two conferences in the United States. The first of these is the Annual Religious Education Conference to be held in LA. The second is the Annual Conference of the National Teachers of Mathematics to be held in San Diego.
I will be away from MTS for the last five weeks of this term and in my absence Mr Hart will be Acting Principal. If you have any concerns, please contact Craig.
This coming Tuesday the first meeting of the MTS Community Council will take place. It will be held in the staff room commencing at 6pm. This meeting will also be the AGM.
All interested parents are urged to attend however, if you would like to nominate for the 2019 Community Council but are unable to make the meeting, please let Mr Hughes know so your name can be put forward.
More details on the role of the Community Council as well as positions and the details of current members are on the school website.
St Vincent de Paul Doorknock
Thank you to the staff and families that assisted with the Annual St Vincent de Paul Doorknock on Sunday morning. I will advise everyone of how much the school raised when I get the details from the doorknock co-ordinators.
Below I have reprinted an email I received on Monday morning relating to the doorknock.
I am a resident of Blizzard Circuit in Forde and yesterday I had the delight of meeting one of your beautiful families, mother, father, son and daughter, who were collecting on behalf of St V de P. I have no idea of their names but it was an absolute pleasure to make a donation and have a brief chat with them. The children, of infant age, were dressed in their sports uniform and represented their school with pride, the son told me "it is a nice school!"
I just wanted to send this email to the school as affirmation of its students, we all too often hear of the negative aspects so should acknowledge the positive ones too. I am not sure if the collectors are organised by your school/parish but would also appreciate my thanks being passed on to the door knock coordinator.
I look forward to perhaps meeting more of your school community at future door knocks!
With sincere thanks
Congratulations to Selina Li (2 Emerald) who was last week’s winner. This week’s problem is below.
The Deep Eddy Pool in Austin, Texas, is fed by the Colorado River. It is an Olympic-size swimming pool measuring 50 metres long and 25 metres wide. The city’s Parks and Recreation department wants to create a pool cover to protect Deep Eddy during the winter.
How many square metres would the pool cover be?
How many square centimetres would the pool cover be?
Front Office Reminders
- Absentee Notes—If your child is absent from school due to sickness, holiday or other reason, please ensure a note is submitted via SZapp or provided to your child’s classroom teacher on their return.
- Sickness—If your child has been sick and has been vomiting or had diarrhoea then they must be excluded from school for at least 24 hours after the symptoms have ceased.
- Chess Club Term Fees for Term 1, 2019 will be $64.00.
Could you please arrange for payment to be made at the front office or over the phone by week 5.
- School Start & Finish times
- School supervision starts at 8.15am with classes beginning at 8.45amLunch break is from 11.00am to 11.55am
- Recess break is from 1.25pm-1.55pm
- School finishes at 3.00pm with supervision at car line finishing at 3.30pm.
- Parents who cannot collect their child/children by this time should arrange for after school care with Kidsbiz. In the case of any emergency which prevents you from collecting on time, please contact us so that we can make arrangements to ensure the safety/supervision of your child/children.
- Late to school procedure:-
- If you are dropping off your child to school late please remember to sign in at the front office (any time after 9:15am). Every student needs to have their late slip with them to hand on to their class teacher upon arrival at their classroom.
- Early Pickup procedure:-
- If you are planning to collect your child early please try to let the class teacher know beforehand so that your child/children are at the front office waiting for you.
- If you have an unplanned early pickup please contact the front office and let us know what time you will be arriving so that we can have your child/children ready.
- Please remember if this is happens, we will do our best to locate your child but this is not always possible especially if they are out of class or on lunch or recess break.
- In addition, if you are collecting your child early and you have requested they arrive at the office at a specific time, please ensure that you arrive at that time to collect them. It is not appropriate that children be removed from class to be collected and then sit at the office and wait for extended periods of time for you to arrive.
- A sign out slip will need to be completed for each child leaving the school prior to the end of the school day.